- Special functions that can store data (like state) or perform functions (side effects) among other things
- A diagram that shows when different hooks are called and the order in which they’re called
- Slight changes after React 17
- Technique to share code between two sibling components
- It means to put your state as close as possible to where it's being used
- State Colocation will make your React app faster
- "One of the leading causes to slow React applications is global state, especially the rapidly changing variety."
- It's usually better to calculate states (deriving) based on other states when you can as opposed to storing them
- What is an error boundary and what is it for?
- Can you do something like
useEffect(async () => await doSomething())?
- Why or why not? If not, what should we do instead?
- Does React batch state update functions when using hooks? Is the behavior the same for Promise calls? Could this change in the future?
- Why did Kent say Stop Using
- What is the difference between the following:
fetch().then(result => result, error => error)
fetch().then(result => result).catch(error => error)
- Public Class Fields with React Components
- The npm package bvaughn/react-error-boundary
- React Hooks Best Practices